The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes rules on giving privacy information to anyone using our online services. Further information about your rights under GDPR can be found at www.ico.org.uk
This site is provided and supported by Medicinechest Ltd for Teesside LLP.
You can contact our DPO by wiriting to Medicinechest Ltd, St. Mary's Court, The Broadway, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 0UT
Where enabled, the online shopping function on this site is provided by HI Weldrick Ltd whose DPO you can contact in writing, c/o Data Protection Officer, Unit 3B White Rose Park, Ten Pound Walk, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN4 5FB
- Teesside LLP, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd take your privacy and data protection very seriously.
- Registration on this site is only requested if either online shopping or online nhs repeat prescription ordering is enabled on the site and used by you.
Medicinechest Ltd is your Data Processor for the purposes of providing the services available on this site - nhs online repeat prescription ordering and online appointment booking, the registered user information database.
- Where enabled our online retail sales are processed and filled on our behalf by HI Weldrick Ltd
- HI Weldrick Ltd is your Data Controller for the purposes of processing your online retail orders where shopping is available on website.
- Medcinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd privacy policies are available here and here.
- Your personal information is stored encrypted on servers in the UK and the EEA. Medicinechest Ltd may at times process or transfer your personal information outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area) to deliver site and app services, for example to process email and push notification updates. Medicinechest Ltd shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under European law, shall have adequate protection (such as model contractual arrangements as approved by the EU).
- We will otherwise never pass, sell or share your personally identifiable data to third parties except when legally required to do so or when you have specifically given us consent to do so.
You may review, edit, or soft delete your information at any time. ( Teesside LLP and HI Weldrick Ltd are obliged to keep some data for certain periods of time for the purposes of patient safety, professional pharmacy regulations and NHS record keep and business processing and Medicinechest Ltd may also have to retain your data for those purposes only.)
- If you use the online shopping facility you will receive email updates on your order.
- If you use the online nhs repeat prescription facility on this site you will receive email updates on your prescription request and automated email reminders if you request them. If you use the MyPrescriptions mobile app for Android or IOS, in addition to email updates and reminders, you will receive push notification updates on your request and push notification re-order reminders.
- Every effort has been made to make sure our databases are secure. Your information can only be accessed by Teesside LLP and trusted HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd staff and IT contractors. Occasionally, information may be viewed by trusted third parties such as Doctors and IT personnel for the purpose of improving this site.
- The site and app, our servers and third party service providers wherever they are based, have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
- However, no data transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
- Your Community Pharmacist may use the information you supply to help in improving your wellbeing by informing your health decisions through advice, diagnostic testing and the management of chronic conditions. The information you supply here is important and will help Teesside LLP, HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd understand your health needs better and improve the service given to you.With your permission only, Teesside LLP, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd may in future use this information to:
- Update you with information on services relevant to you provided by The Riverside Pharmacy and the NHS.
- Update you with relevant pharmacy and general health, diet and wellbeing retail offers
- Update you with any public health alerts, drug recalls and changes in treatment advice and also information relevant to your condition(s)
- Medicinechest Ltd and Teesside LLP may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) in order to describe sales, prescription demand, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, suppliers, medical researchers, sponsors, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose depersonalised aggregated data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose your personal data if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- the administration of justice
- where we have to defend ourselves legally
- complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Medicinechest Ltd or users of our services.
- The Pharmacy is owned by Teesside LLP (OC400411) registered in England. The Superintendent Pharmacist is Mrs Vijaya C Kanaparthy who is a registered Pharmacist with GPHC number 2079051.
- Please note, this website may contain links to other websites which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of this site. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website that you visit.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE AND GIVING YOUR INFORMATION TO US, YOU INDICATE YOUR CONSENT TO Riverside PHARMACY, OUR GROUP AND THIRD PARTIES (HI WELDRICK LTD, MEDICINECHEST) THAT PROCESS AND FULFIL ANY ORDERS COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS SET OUT IN THIS POLICY.FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
As a provider of services to the National Health Service, Riverside Pharmacy is a public authority for the purposes of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. These Acts impose on us a legal obligation to provide information to anybody making a request through an approved publication scheme (in England this is also known as a Guide to Information). The general presumption is that information relating to our public services must be disclosed. However, there are a number of exemptions set out in the relevant Act which enable us to limit what we provide.THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- In order to provide you with the services you require, we will collect personal information about you from our website, telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications. These will include, for example, your name, address, email address, phone number and details that are relevant to the service(s) in which you are interested.
- We may also collect sensitive personal data concerning health matters from or about you.
- We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other organisations.
- We Will Retain Contact And Delivery Information Together With Your Log On And Password. For Your Convenience We Retain Information About Any Non Prescription Products You Have Purchased To Aid Your Future Use Of The Site.
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that you are authorised to disclose it to us, and to consent to its use on their behalf, before doing so.Cookies
- In common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called 'cookies' on this site. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. Please note, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you and may affect your visitor experience.
- For further information on cookies and how to switch them off see www.allaboutcookies.org.
- We will primarily use the personal information:
- to provide the services you request from us
- to communicate with you in the event that any services requested are unavailable or if there is a query or problem with your order for record keeping purposes
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the services we offer
- to track and analyse activity on our website
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can enhance your user experience, to understand and respect your preferences and to provide details of relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them
- Post Purchase Reviews
When you buy goods and services from us we may follow it up with an enquiry about your experience of the product to help us gauge customer satisfaction. You are not obligated to leave feedback but this facility would enable you to get your views of the product across should you wish to do so.
- Disclosing your personal information
We and carefully selected third parties would like to contact you and/or any person whose information you provide to us to tell you and/or them about offers and opportunities that are available and about a range of other initiatives in a number of ways, including by post, telephone, text/picture/video message or by email. Details of how to opt-in to receiving details of offers are on relevant pages of this website. You can change your/their mind at any time (see the section "How to contact us" below).SECURITY
We take the security of personal information seriously. We have procedures in place (both technical and organisational) to ensure that our paper and computer systems and databases are protected against unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage.
Every Effort Has Been Made To Make Sure This Database Is Secure And It Can Only Be Accessed By H I Weldrick Limited, Trusted MedicineChest Ltd And Riverside Pharmacy Staff And Occasionally, Trusted Third Parties Such As Doctors, Medical Writers And IT Personnel For The Purpose Of Improving This Site.
Privacy laws and practice are constantly developing and we aim to meet high standards. Our policies and procedures are, therefore, under continual review. We may, from time to time, update our security and privacy policies and suggest that you check this page periodically to review our latest policies.UPDATING AND CORRECTING INFORMATION
You may update or correct your personal information online in the My Account area or by contacting us in writing or by email (see the section "How to contact us" below). Please include your name, address and/or email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes. If you are providing updates or corrections about another person, we may require you to provide us with proof that you are authorised to provide that information to us.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The same right applies to any other person whose personal information you provide to us. We may charge a small fee towards the cost of administering any request made. The current fee is £10.00.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Telephone: 01642 956170
The Data Protection Officer
Riverside Pharmacy, Unit 41
Collingwood Court, Riverside Park Ind Estate
Middlesbrough, TS2 1RP
Fax : 01207 654152